Friday, August 11, 2006

Name Change!

I know, this is our third name change. I'm sorry. The first one was taken, and after about a month I decided to change the second one. It's not that I didn't like ConfederateBlogger, it's just I'm not a Southerner, nor is any of my family or friends, so I kind of felt like a poser. I chose the name because of its state's rights implications, with the help of a "conservative buzz words" list I had made. Thinking of a name is the hardest part of running a blog.

The new name, Unrest In The Forest, is a reference to the excellent song "The Trees," by the libertarian group, Rush. I think they are some great conservative lyrics. Here they are:

There is unrest in the forest ,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."
Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

So, the new address is UnrestInTheForest.BlogSpot.com , and the new title is Unrest In The Forest, or UITF. I think I'll keep the email address, located in the sidebar (to the left).

We'll be working on a new logo and what-not.

***Update, 01/18/07, 12:10am***

Wow, an update six months later... Anyway, I just know thought to look for video of "The Trees" by Rush, and here it is!



They truly are superb artists.

No comments: