Tuesday, January 16, 2007

'What I've Learned From Jack Bauer'

Here are some highlights from an article written by a 24 staff writer and story editor (hat tip: Ragnar at My Pet Jawa):

So many times when I thought there was no more time, there was.

F**k diplomacy.

Actions speak louder than words. Though shouting can also be effective.

If I say "dammit," either something bad just happened, something bad is about to happen, or I'm going to do something drastic.

When interrogating a suspect, I've often found it effective to ask the question loudly and repeat it several times.

If the president of the United States ever orders you to shoot your boss in the head at point-blank range in cold blood, take a deep breath, ask God to forgive you, and just do it.

A cell phone can sometimes be used to activate a secondary detonator on a terrorist's explosive vest regardless of how many minutes are left on your plan.

Dead terrorists can often be effectively used as human shields. So can live ones.

Bureaucrats want results but never want to get their hands dirty.

Some people don't deserve to die, but that's not my call.

Serbs have a different word for everything.

If you don't have a Taser gun, the wires from a lamp will deliver the current needed to shock your subject just enough to get him to give up the information you need without doing any permanent damage.

You can't save everyone.

If you see me running down the street, it's probably a good idea to take cover.

Don't piss off the Chines
You can read the rest here, but I've copied all the non-sappy ones.

No comments: