Monday, October 02, 2006

Liberal Professors

It's a slow news day, so here's a rant:

Along with a quality education, I also receive liberal indoctrination on a daily basis at college. Today I had one of my professors tell me that today is a significant day "because the new term starts for the Supreme Court." She said that it is significant because "Bush [she refuses to call him " President" so I think I'll stop calling her "Professor"] has put two conservative on the court, eliminating the swing voters and giving it a conservative slant. So today is significant for women because they may over turn Roe v. Wade. But it's also significant to those who oppose abortion, do you know why?" (Dead silence from a class that has nothing to do with politics, government, or health and, therefore, doesn't care.) "It is significant for them because they know that they may have to deal with back alley abortions on their consciences soon. With Roe v. Wade overturned, abortion will be illegal. But do you really think it will stop?"

First of all, I can't deal with morons like this, so I didn't respond to her. I know she poses no threat; the class hates her, so she's not influencing them. By allowing her to go on crazy rants, the students are actually being turned off to liberalism.

Second, and as usual with liberals, I can't tell if she was being intentionally deceitful or if she really doesn't know what she's talking about. If Roe v. Wade were overturned, abortion won't be illegal, as she claimed. It will be up to the states. So, in answer to her question, "do you really think [abortion] will stop?," no, I don't. I'm sure some states will still allow it.

Third, I was shocked and disgusted by her own answer to her first question, "[The overturning of Roe v. Wade would be important to conservatives], do you know why? ...because they know that they may have to deal with back alley abortions on their consciences soon." What a moron. The only way a back alley abortion will affect my conscience is if the baby dies, which would have been the result were Roe v. Wade not overturned. So frankly, I don't care. Why should this be significant to conservatives? Maybe because millions of babies won't be murdered and dumped in landfills if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

No comments: